Saturday, October 20, 2007

*Insert BIG GRIN here*

If you recall, not too long ago I was so desperate for Marissa to take a good nap that I climbed into her crib with her. Well, drumroll please...

Marissa is sleeping like an angel for bedtime AND naptime! After several weeks of the bedtime routine, she's been doing amazing. So the other day I decided to do the bedtime routine for naptime too. And whatdya know - it worked! I hold off nursing her right before noon, which is when she used to fall asleep, but not stay asleep. So after lunch (12:45, this girl eats slowly!) I change her diaper, read her a "boo" (book) and tell her it's night-night time. Today she cried for 2 minutes. The funny thing is, she totally knows what's going on during the routine. We ask her to say night-night and she says it with such despair and in such a pitiful voice because she knows what it means. But she usually reaches for her crib anyways. I am LOVING the schedule we are on now. When I used to watch the triplets, they were on a very tight schedule (for obvious reasons), and it made the day go faster when I knew what was coming up. Marissa has always set a loose schedule for herself, so it wasn't too bad, but now naptime is at 1, no matter what! Today we went for a looooong walk around the neighborhood, so I'm hopeful that she'll sleep at least 2 hours. The length of her nap doesn't seem to affect her, and it varies so much from day to day.

The only frustrating thing about this new routine is that it's impossible to do when we're at work. All the bedrooms are taken, and I can't/don't want to leave the pack-n-play there for only two days a week to get covered with black dog hairs. I don't know what to do. Nursing her to sleep just doesn't work anymore - she wakes right up when I put her down. And if she's not confined, she won't fall asleep on her own. I guess it's a good thing we'll be done with this job at the end of the year. But until then, I need to figure out a way for Marissa to get her naps in!

Anyways, I really hope that by writing this, I didn't just mess everything up. Lol. But I wanted everyone to know that I haven't been taking naps in her crib with her. Hehe Bye!

1 comment:

Jillian said...

That's awesome that she's back on track with her naps. I wish that I could say the same for Brooke. One day...

As for my breastfeeding issues, to answer your question, I have tried holding her close in order to make her breathe. It pulls her off but it doesn't PREVENT the biting. No fun!

Did you find your LLL meetings useful? I've thought about joining.