Sunday, January 30, 2011

First smile

Roman was 9 weeks old on January 23rd, and the next day he smiled at me for the first time! His face just lit up and he looked so happy! I think it will be so much fun once he smiles at the girls! He's doing well, and growing well. His 2 month checkup (2 months?!) was recently. He weighed 8lbs 9oz (it's not even on the chart, but if you take into account his prematurity, and adjust it according to that, he's in the 10th percentile) and was 22 inches long (25th percentile, but if you adjust for prematurity, he's in the 50th percentile!). He's still waking up a lot at night, but a few nights I've gotten 3-4 hours in a row! Last Friday, he went every 3 hours exactly, and Dan got up with the girls, so I got 11 hours of sleep, in 3 hour chunks! It felt soo good!

It's naptime for the girls (and Roman soon too probably), so I'm enjoying some alone time. Last week I decided to add some "FlyLady" techniques into my day, so I did some "15 minute" jobs during naptime. Today I feel ROTTEN, so I don't think I'll do that. But I have been really trying to "do it now" and keep my sink "shiny" since I first signed up last week.

I've had a major cold, on and off, since December 13th. That's 42 days, if I counted correctly. It's seriously getting old, and it's not like I'm going to be getting a lot of rest any time in the near future, so I don't think I'm going to be able to kick this by myself. I hate going to the doctor for myself, but I think it's come down to that. Now I just need to find someone to watch the girls so I can go!

Arianna's finally pooping, thanks to miralax everyday in some juice. She turned back to into herself, which is a wonderful change from the grumpy whiney mess she was when she wasn't pooping! But at the end of last week, I think her teeth started bothering her. She now has her hand in her mouth ALL THE TIME, with drool dripping off it onto her shirt (and every other surface), her nose is running like crazy (although she may have caught that part of the cold from me), and she's having meltdowns a lot lately, for no apparent reason. The poor girl...she's been begging to nurse a lot more often lately too, which I'm not trying to encourage, since I want to think about stopping within a few months or so. But she sees Roman nurse ALL. THE. TIME. and that just makes her want it even more! Sometimes I end up having to nurse them together (mainly if Dan isn't here, since then I don't really have a choice). It's so difficult! I have to do it in my bed, and each kid gets a pillow under them to help me out. It's really so cute though, cuz Arianna will help Roman out, and rub his head, and pat his back. But it's so awkward for me!

I'll hafta finish this later!

No comments: