Tuesday, May 15, 2012

MAY?!

Well, it's May, and Marissa only has 3 weeks left of school! This month is going very fast, especially when I think about how we're going to Disney in the middle of June - stress! We told the girls a few weeks ago, and they are excited, although I don't think they know just how much they should be excited. Haha! Marissa turned 6 and is seeming so old lately!

Recently, Wee Praise sang in church on a Sunday night. It's 3-5 year olds, and Arianna recently joined them when she turned 3. So Marissa and Arianna are in the same class Sunday nights, and we got to watch them sing a few songs on the stage. It was Arianna's first time singing on stage, and it was hilarious! She was wiggling and moving all around, playing with the giant floor speakers, and then she discovered that they were projecting video feed of them singing up on the wall behind them! It was so funny to watch her do all the motions, while looking everywhere except in front of her. Lol. We got a little of it on video. But I'm so sad we didn't catch the end on video, because it was by far the best part! After they finished their last song, everyone in the audience clapped, so the kids started clapping for themselves. Then once it was completely silent and they started to herd the kids off the stage, Arianna yelled "Yay, I did it Mommy!" We just about died laughing, but she was so proud!

Lately, Arianna and Roman have been playing kind crazily together. And Arianna has started to call him "Stinky Pee" - which is evidence that Toy Story 2 is one of her favorite movies. Haha! How is it possible that Roman is almost 18 months old?! This is the longest I've ever not been pregnant or trying. Marissa was 16 months when I had my first miscarriage, shortly after I had the 2nd miscarriage, then Arianna, and then I got pregnant with Roman when Arianna was 12 months old. Wow, my poor body. Lol.

Right now both little ones are sleeping, and I'm resting. I think I hurt my neck/back while painting, and I can't afford to wait to finish painting! Yesterday I couldn't move my head to the right at all, but it's slightly better today. So far, since Saturday, I've done 3 coats of primer over the bright/dark orange in the basement playroom. It's a really hard color to cover! Now it's time to start the pretty gray, but I know the gray will need at least 2 coats, if not 3. It's kinda overwhelming, but it will be so worth it to have a pretty room to use for homeschooling in the fall. We will be doing Classical Conversations, which is also overwhelming, but I'm excited to see how it all works and I'm sure I will be learning just as much as Marissa! She is also excited, but I'm slightly nervous about having that many hours in a day to fill with her. I'm hoping we can establish some sort of routine that helps break up the day.

For the month of May, I'm watching 2 little boys, 2 days a week. A is 3 just like Arianna, and R is barely 2 months old. It's definitely a challenge, but a good one, and it's nice to have spending money. They come to our house, so it's easy that way, and the 3 year olds play well together. The baby is pretty easy too, and I'm still able to get everyone to take a nice long nap in the afternoons at the same time! Both Arianna and Roman are obsessed with the baby, especially Roman, and it's so funny to watch them watch the baby. It surprised me how easy I've been able to add these 2 boys to our family on those days, and it only reaffirms that I still eventually want one more baby. We'll see how that goes :-)

We recently purchased all the materials to make another shelf and a base for under the drying rack in the laundry room. I've designed them both completely on my own, and I really hope my measurements make sense when it comes time to assemble them! We finally cut them all to size, and once I paint them white, we can figure out how to put them together. Should be interesting.

Arianna went for a while where she did so awesome with going potty! It was such a relief, and I almost didn't take extra clothes for her to church on Sunday...well, she's had several (bad) accidents since then, and I'm back to being frustrated! I just keep reminding myself that I know she can do it, so eventually she will. The only funny part in all this is when she's trying not to poop, she stands on one leg and says she's being a flamingo. Lol. So we just told her no more being a flamingo!

Oh, I finally (after 9 years of wearing the engagement ring) got my rings sized down! They've been so loose and falling off, but I always thought (hoped) I'd gain weight when I was pregnant, so I didn't want to make them smaller. Well, obviously that didn't happen, so we finally just did it. It was NOT cheap, since that part of the warranty had run out, but so worth it! I never knew rings could be so comfortable! I barely even notice I'm wearing them anymore, and very rarely take them off for anything. I ended up going down two sizes, so it's a 4 now. I've been looking for a nice cute (cheap) ring to wear on my right hand for a while now, but obviously no one, and I mean NO ONE, sells rings that size! I'll have to special order it, which is stupid. Why don't small people have as much variety as fat people do?! I wanted to buy a shirt from Sears the other day, but it only came in S, M, L, and XL. What happened to XS, people?! Ugh, so frustrating. Not that I want to be this tiny, but I don't have a choice. And I feel like there's no place to vent about it, because everyone I know is trying to lose weight, or exercise and eat healthy. So what kind of person would I be if I said "I'm really trying hard to gain some weight, add calories to my diet, whine whine whine"?! Guess that's just what happens when I'm not pregnant or breastfeeding. Annoying.

Anyways, guess that's all for now!

No comments: