- I am no longer carrying a healthy baby. Very sad. I came back from vacation expecting and preparing for the worst. But after the ultrasound and heartbeat, I got my hopes back up. Now the heartbeat is gone. Not sure how much it has really hit me yet. Everything went so smoothly with Marissa that I kinda didn't think this could ever happen. Oh well. D & C scheduled for next Friday. Any tips on weaning/not weaning/pumping, etc. (keeping in mind the Dr's worry about Marissa's lack of weight gain) for the surgery are much needed. Moving on...
- The house is wonderful, but it's a disaster area. It is a very slow, but exciting process of unpacking and arranging things.
- We bought a king size bedroom set, and it was delivered Wednesday! We love it! Pictures soon.
- Marissa is diligently practicing for her upcoming (2 yr) birthday already. Wow. Whining, screaming, squealing, biting...we're having a grand time More pictures soon. I know, I've been slacking off. She is finally drinking milk! It took some convincing, but she drinks it out of a sippy with a straw now. Hopefully it will help her gain some much needed weight. She also has been eating a little better. The other day she had 6 chicken nuggets for lunch, among other things. And she ate her first PB&J too She also is well on her way to mastering the use of a fork and spoon. It's so darn cute, and she's so proud of herself. She's actually not too messy either. She is so much fun lately, and so loving. Just what I need these days. She certainly knows how to make her momma happy!
- Rach (my sis) is moving into our extra bedroom this weekend, and will eventually move into the basement once we get it finished. Fun times ahead!
- We finally have internet at our house! I'd been going through xanga-withdrawal. I promise to get back to posting regularly as soon as I can! In the meantime, I will be busy setting up our house and trying to cope with the difficult things ahead.
Monday, August 20, 2007
Short and bittersweet
at 3:06 PM