Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Roman is 3!

Drinking asparagus soup with straws, "I made a mess on my forehead!"
The Tuesday night before Roman's 3rd birthday, the girls were sick and I was worried Roman was next. He started crying in the middle of the night, so I went to check on him cuz he never wakes up at night. We ended up cuddling and goofing off at least 4 times throughout the night, and I loved every minute of it. At one point I was just looking at him and he whined "me too", which is how he says "i love you back" sometimes, but I hadn't even said it yet. I can't believe my tiny preemie baby boy is so old and smart and talkative!
I put him down for nap/rest time and he was fine. A few minutes later, he started whining so I went in to see why. "Mommy, you cuddle with me?" How could I resist that?!
Roman, while watching ice skating on tv, "I have arms. That boy has hands like I do." "You're adorable.""I not 'dorable, I a big boy!"

A: "Let the show commence! That's a fancy word for begin."

R - potty training! The first day and a half was awful and I had pretty much decided to give up and try again in a few weeks/months. Then suddenly he totally got it and has been doing awesome! He is adorable running to the bathroom yelling "I go potty really bad!" And he's really only had one accident since then and that was because we forgot to remind him. The only weird thing is he hasn't pooped in the potty yet. Not for lack of trying, but I put a diaper on him for nap and he is now only pooping at nap time. Lol. I'm sure he will be fine eventually though.

A: "I don't even LIKE lettuce!" [While pointing her finger at herself]

Karina is 4 months old and so adorable! She's rolling like crazy and starting to sleep on her belly no matter what I do. She's still a great sleeper and all around a happy girl. She weighed 12#11oz and was 25.5in long at her checkup.

Christmas was kinda crazy but fun. It was just our "little" family (which isn't so little anymore!) But I just mean no relatives. The grandparents and great grandparents showered the kids with gifts and EVERYTHING was a huge hit. They exclaimed over everything they opened and were just delighted the whole day.

Well even though this is kinda all over the place, it's time to post it or it'll never happen. I've been adding to it since Roman's birthday and planning to spend more time on it but oh well!

1 comment:

Whitney Spears said...

miss you. hope things are going okay.