- I am in love. I want one for both girls. If only...
- My brother Jeff, and his girlfriend Jenna were here for Easter weekend! It was lots of fun, and they both had tons of energy to play with Marissa. Despite stupid van troubles, it was a great weekend, and it was nice to spend time with both of them.
- Part of the reason I haven't posted in so long is Dan was in Texas for work alllllllll week - Sunday afternoon til late Friday night. I'm always over-paranoid, so I didn't want to write anything about it til he was home! It was the longest week of my life! Other than water leaking into our basement Saturday night before he left, the plumber cutting into the ceiling in the basement to fix it Monday morning, and the tornado sighting 5 minutes away from our house Sunday night, it was uneventful - lol. It was tough to have NO breaks all week, and I couldn't watch any of my crime shows after Marissa's bedtime because crime shows scare the crap out of me when Dan's gone. But it's sooooo nice to have him back!
- Arianna is still the best sleeper ever. Every night, midnight til 6, 7, 8, or even 9am (today!) she sleeps straight through. And every afternoon she sleeps from 2-6 (actually, it's 6:30 and she's still sleeping now!). She takes little cat-naps throughout the morning, and is still nursing almost every hour when she's awake. But I refuse to change anything about our routine because I love my sleep! She is smiling all the time now, and coo-ing too. She especially loves to watch Marissa, and Marissa loves to try to make her smile.
- I decided to make a huge effort to potty train Marissa last week. Her birthday is in a few weeks, and I knew she was ready - I just wasn't ready! So instead of going straight to underwear, I decided pull-ups would be less stress for me, which might help her. She only had one accident all week! I'm so proud of her, and she's so excited about it too. She already goes on her own without me having to remind her at all. She has had no trouble pooping on the potty either, and I had been expecting that to be more difficult from what other people have told me. But we were out and about all day yesterday, and she even went in two public bathrooms! She did great, but I was grossed out! She did fall in once, but I tried to laugh it off instead of freaking out. Lol. She's been in undies a lot already, and I think we don't even need to use pull ups during the day at all! She's even been dry after naps, but I'm not ready to risk undies then yet. I'm just so shocked and excited at how easy it was. I guess she was just really ready, since we waited so long. It's so nice that we don't have to buy tons of diapers for her anymore (just for bedtime). (By the way, totally not fair how dads mostly get out of potty training!)
- I guess that's about it. All of a sudden I'm obsessed with crafty blogs! That's another thing that has kept me from posting. Since I sewed my nursing cover, I made a drawstring bag from the scraps, and hemmed two pairs of dress pants. I keep finding gorgeous fabric that I NEED, I just don't know what to make with it, and I'm not all that great at making anything anyways! Dan's dress pants that I hemmed - there is a safety pin permanently embedded in the hem. I sewed it in, and didn't even realize it! So I'm definitely no Martha Stewart, but it's fun!
- Guess that's all! Both of my daughters are sleeping, so I'm going to take advantage of this quiet time!
Sunday, April 19, 2009
Potty talk, etc.
Well, wow. Arianna is already 1.5 months old! I can't believe it's been so long since I posted last! It's a lot harder to find computer time these days, especially since the computer is in the basement. I think bullets always work best when I have tons to catch up on!
at 2:11 PM